Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Estes Park Wool Market



I was thinking that we weren't going to make it to the wool market again this year because of the weather. 40 degree weather and rain ALL weekend! IN June! Never know with Colorado I guess. Anyways, I went back and forth with my decision on whether or not we should go, and eventually decided (with Dan's help) to make the trip and deal with the weather.

I don't regret going one bit, just wish the weather was nicer. I had to carry Brynn every single time we went outside or she would have muddy shoes. McKenzie was in her stoller, but Mommy forgot the blanket, so she didn't stay as warm as I would have liked.

Highlights of our mini trip included meeting a goat named Iris. Brynn and I got to take a picture with her and Brynn also got a snip-it of her wool. We went to the Alpaca, Llama, and Sheep tents and they were all great. My favorite of the whole trip was the vendor barn where they had more yarn than I could ever imagine. My eyes were on fiber overload and I wasn't sure where to go first. I made it home with some pretty yarn from a lady from Henderson, TX (Plain and Fancy), some yarn from another vendor that I can't remember the name of, and some yarn from Creatively Dyed Yarns.
We are thinking about going back next year and getting a cottage for the entire weekend in Estes and making a family vacation out of it. I'm super excited about that!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...