Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A cold start to February

Sorry it's been awhile since my last post. Been busy with stuff at home, knitting, and "Cold" days off from school for Brynn. Today marks the 2nd day she's been off from school for "Cold" days. We got some snow, but not enough to close schools. It's the cold temps that's keeping the school districts around here closed. Yesterday's high was supposed to be 0, with wind chills all the way down to -20 or so. This morning is no different as the high is 8, but this morning it's supposed to be super cold. I have worked from home the past two days, and it's been nice to not have to get out into the weather. I'm sure I will be headed back in tomorrow, but at least it will already be Thursday!

On the knitting front, I started two new projects last night, and both were for February KALs (knit a-alongs). One was a pair of socks and the other was a new monster (this time, the monster is for me). Coming right along on the monster and the sock is taking some time as it's another "fancy" pay attention type pattern so I don't mess it up.

I'd had my coffee and now just waiting for the girls to wake up. We are planning on taking Kenzie to day care today as I think she was super tired of us by the end of yesterday. Brynn will hopefully enjoy herself with Mommy, but I know she is ready to go back to school too. Hope everyone stays warm and has a great rest of the week!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. we're above freezing, at least, which is something to be grateful for. the ice-coated trees are dripping, so going outside is like being in a cold rain shower. yuck. stay warm, and happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...