Thursday, May 6, 2010

What's in a name?

So I've been browsing other knitting blogs, trying to see what others discuss regarding knitting, projects, etc. I've found a lot, but can't see myself living up to them.

So my first "knitting" post will be about the title of my blog. If you aren't into knitting, you won't know what "purls" means. Purls is essentially a stitch used in knitting. It's actually a very important stitch, because once you've learned the knit stitch and the purl stitch, you can pretty much do anything! So as for the "purls of our life", it's a take on the "pearls of our life" meaning our girls. Brynn and McKenzie. The graphics in the heading also have a meaning. The large sunflower is Brynn and the smaller satin pink flower is McKenzie. :) So everything was done for a reason.

As for knitting projects, I am currently working on a lap size blanket for Brynn. Once I'm done with hers, I'll start on one for McK as I love the pattern so much and it's easy to do while watching tv. Another project is a shawl that I am slowly knitting up. I have to concentrate more on this one, so it's kinda sitting on the back burner while I work on the blanket. I also have several projects waiting for me, as many people in my family and also friends will be getting knitted Christmas gifts from me. Goal is to get started on those for sure by July. Hope everyone is having a great day!!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...