Sunday, January 9, 2011

Knitting Frustrations

I'm participating in a KAL (knit a long) for Cookie A's new sock pattern book Knit.Sock.Love. I finished the first sock with no issues really, except for maybe a mistake here and there. Pretty good for a somewhat difficult sock with charts and stuff to follow. So the left sock is a mirror image of the right sock (right sock done), and I start on the left sock a couple of days ago. Yesterday, I realized that my diagonal lines were coming out straight! Realized that I had done something wrong, so I frogged back a it and starting over on that chart. It did it again! I went to look for help on the Ravelry group for the KAL and got some good suggestions, but just decided to frog back to the cuff and pretty much start completely over with the pattern. Tough thing for me to do, because when I get that far, I don't want to go back. My first sock went so fast, I'm not sure what the deal was with this one.

I'm still working on my jaywalker socks. Those are very slow going, and I'm not sure why. It's the same stitches over and over again, so it's a mindless knit, but I'm still trudging along on the leg of the 2nd sock. I also just realized that I have no idea what I did with the 1st sock! Hopefully I find it soon.

Still have yet to start on the sweater this weekend. Having both the girls all to myself has really cut down on the knitting time, but that is fine. I'm hoping I can get started on the sweater tonight at least.

Hope you all have a marvelous Sunday! It's supposed to snow here today, so we will probably be staying indoors. Dan will sleep late I'm sure, but then I need him to get up to work on some new photos for my blog! As you can see it's still a work in progress. Emily (blog designer) is so amazing and it's so fun to see what she comes up with!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. hey, i really like your new blog design! the old one was just great, but this is even better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! She is still working on it...we are trying to figure out what to do for the header. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...