Friday, April 15, 2011

Is there a light?


It's just been one of those weeks, maybe months, well I guess it's been awhile. I just can't seem to get out of a funk. Nothing makes me truly happy and if it does, it just somehow gets knocked down. Not sure what it is, but I hope it goes away soon. Just want to get away from everything for a bit and come back for a fresh start, but that's just it. If I get away from it all, then I just have to come back to it and feel the same way.

Completely annoying and unsatisfying. I hope I will find my way soon.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. oh, Kelli. My year has been this way too -- a very dark, unhappy, got-to-get-better-soon kind of year. In fact, it's just in the last week that things really felt on the way up, and the light is pouring back in.

    Despite this terrible heaviness, I reunited with my lost son, saw both my daughters in person, things that make all the difference in the world...and yet my sense was still that it was a horrible few months. And it was, those great things notwithstanding.

    What works for one person rarely works for another, but I offer this thought anyway, in case it does work for you. Every day, pay some attention just to yourself, however you can. I've started giving myself 20 minutes, guaranteed. I know we're at very different stages of life, but there's a similar tendency to give ourselves away, and people are happy to take it. That's not their fault; we give ourselves to them, and we're happy to do it. But we have to keep some for ourselves, too. No kidding.

    Here's to sunnier skies for you, and soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Lori. Always nice to have encouraging words. I'm so happy that you reunited with your son. I think of that often and how happy I am for you as I couldn't imagine the feeling when you saw him for the first time after such a long time of not seeing him.

    I know that there is a light at the end of my tunnel, but I'm just not seeing it yet. I'm sure I will soon. :)

    Thank you for the suggestion...I will definitely try and start doing that. I'll try anything at this point! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...