Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Day

I am betting that everyone had an amazing Christmas! According to Brynn, this was the best Christmas ever! I'm hoping they will get better each year for her. :) She was very solemn this morning when she realized that Christmas was over. I told her that since it was Jesus' birthday, it only comes once a year, just like her birthday, and it would be back next year. McKenzie could care less and is just enjoying playing with her toys and bothering her sister while she tries to play her Nintendo DS.

I may have gone a bit overboard with toys this year, but I couldn't resist, I just kept seeing stuff I wanted for the girls! They did get lots of pillow pets this year! Brynn got one from Grandma and Grandpa and one from Sissy and David. Kenzie got one from Grandma and Grandpa and one from Papa and Nana, but they were all different, so all is well. (And now there are enough for Dan and I as well!) Grandma and Grandpa got to watch all the present opening via skype on Christmas morning, so it was a great way to have them here "with us" even though they were in Texas.

Our Christmas lunch was very yummy! We had spiral sliced ham, mac and cheese, sweet potato casserole, and cornbread dressing. Needless to say, we weren't very hungry for dinner, so it was kind of a pick your own dinner night.

That's all for now. Hoping to have more knitting posts in the upcoming days since I will have some ample time to knit. I'm working on a Citron shawl at the moment, that is a simple knit, but a lot of tedious stitches, so I'm hoping to have it finished before the end of the year (that's my goal at least, but we will see). I'm also working on a pair of Jaywalker socks and I'm only on the first sock, but should be finished with that soon.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...