Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Many projects

When I started knitting, I usually only had about one project going at a time. Once I finished that project, I started a new one. Within the last year or so, I've had multiple knitting projects going at once, usually about 1 to 2 different pairs of socks going, a larger project (like a blanket or a shawl), and maybe a hat or scarf here and there.

I just recently finished the shawl I've been working on for a while and I finished my sister's socks. So now I'm left with my Jaywalker socks and I just started a scarf. Feels very weird to not have more projects in the works, but it also feels kinda nice to know that if I did want to start another one, I'm not already overwhelmed with other WIP (works in progress, for all you non-knitters).

I would have already started on a new little shawl called Citron, but realized that I didn't have the right size needles! That's the most frustrating thing of all. I do have a lot of needles, but I have yet to collect all of the sizes and styles that I may need, so Dan suggested that maybe I get a new set with each paycheck. Good idea, but I think I'd be tempted to buy more than just one set. :)

I did try and start a sweater the other day...very easy pattern and I knew I could do it. However, every single time I cast on and would join the round, somehow my stitches would get twisted and I would have to frog and start all over again! I did this about 3 times and gave up. The yarn for the sweater is back up in my yarn storage bin and not in my active project bag. Some day I'll get back to it, since my goal is to do some sort of sweater or cardigan in the year 2011.

Enough of my knitting. I'm just trying to do something productive while I drink my coffee and wait for the girls to wake up to get them fed and ready for day care and school. Have an amazing day everyone....Christmas is only 11 days away!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I guess you finished Mck's blanket? Enjoy whatever you decide to start next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I finished that the end of October. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...